Polycrystalline Structure Diamond Powders – Micron Size Detonated Diamond Powders
Huntington Specialty Materials, is able to offer both Crystalline Structure Diamond Powders, and Monocrystalline Structure Diamond Powders. Our affiliated company, is one of three manufacturers of Polycrystalline Structure Diamond Powders, in the world. The powder manufacturing plant, has its own grading facility using the State of the Art, and Highly Customized processing equipment.
These synthetic Polycrystalline Diamonds are produced using and short and powerful explosion that transforms graphite into the Diamond. The process yields Polycrystalline Diamond Crystals each consisting of thousands of micro crystallites bonded together.
The Polycrystalline Diamonds are the only type of the Diamonds that have self-sharpening properties: Polycrystalline structure will open every time new sharp edges by releasing an outer layer of dull micro crystallites. The Polycrystalline Diamonds can lap and polish any materials faster than any other abrasive while producing the smoothest, scratch free surface possible.
Some advantages of using Polycrystalline Diamonds:
- The highest material removal rates
- Superior finishes through less subsurface damages from micro crystals.
- The lowest Diamond cost since using the same Diamond for a broad surface finishes. (For instance, 10 um Diamond particles will wear out and breaking into smaller units, decreasing in size up to 1 um thus allowing to complete polishing without changing the Diamond size.
Most efficient areas of applications:
- Lapping and polishing of hard metals, their alloys, ceramics, etc.
- Sapphire Polishing
- Gemstone polishing including diamonds
- Lapping and polishing of the ferrites and silicon
- GMR head polishing
|Appearance (dry state)||Color||Gray|
|Physical data:||Particle sizes available||0.05-0.15; 0.05-0.2; 0-0.25; 0-0.5; 0.501.0; 0-1.0; 0.5-1.5; 1-2; 0-2; 1-3; 0-10 um.|
|Structure:||Polycrystalline, with the crystal size 5-7 nm|
|Decomposition||Decomposes with a heat over 500⁰|
HUNTINGTON SPECIALTY MATERIALS CAN ALSO OFFER CUSTOMIZED POLYCRYSTALLINE POWDERS TO MEET WITH OUR CUSTOMER’S SPECIFICATIONS.